Ælfric (Old English origin) meaning “elf ruler.”
This would have been an elven rulers favorite mug for toasting returning knights or new children. Hand thrown and altered with handle and texture, this mug was then fired to cone 6 (2100 degrees Fahrenheit) to ensure it will last an elven lifetime. The black-brown under-glaze and complementing cream dip fits well in the forests of old England or where ever you choose to rule.
Medieval Inspired Hand Thrown Ceramic Mug – Ælfric
- Microwave safe
- Oven safe
- Heat resistant
- Perfect for everyday use
- Individually glazed, each one is unique
- Wheel thrown on the potter’s wheel
- Hand altered, stamped and/or carved
- Individually glazed, making each one unique and wonderful in it’s own way
- Kiln fired 2x – Once for its bisque fire, second for its glaze firing
- Not made with molds
- Individually produced ware
- Do not use on stove-top (or on any direct heat)
Interested in learning more about my process? You can see more projects and behind-the-scenes shots on my Instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/xendragon/
Slight imperfections are a part of handmade pottery and add character to the pieces I make. This is something that you cannot find in lifeless, factory made ceramic ware – but you knew that already, and that is why you are here!
I do accept personalized and custom requests, contact me for more information!
See other items for sale here or on our etsy page.