ÓLAFUR icelandic – Derived from the Old Norse name Óláfr, meaning “ancestor’s relic,”
This timeless design harkens back to a time not quite forgotten. Hand thrown and altered with handle and texture, this mug was then fired to cone 6 (2100 degrees Fahrenheit) to ensure it will last to be a timeless classic. The black-brown under-glaze and complementing cream dip highlight the subtle texture of the slip-trailed designs.
Medieval Inspired Hand Thrown Ceramic Mug – Ólafur
- Microwave safe
- Oven safe
- Heat resistant
- Perfect for everyday use
- Wheel thrown on the potter’s wheel
- Hand altered, stamped and/or carved
- Individually glazed, making each one unique and wonderful in it’s own way
- Kiln fired 2x – Once for its bisque fire, second for its glaze firing
- Not made with molds
- Individually produced ware
- Do not use on stove-top (or on any direct heat)
Interested in learning more about my process? You can see more projects and behind-the-scenes shots on my Instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/xendragon/
Slight imperfections are a part of handmade pottery and add character to the pieces I make. This is something that you cannot find in lifeless, factory made ceramic ware – but you knew that already, and that is why you are here!
I do accept personalized and custom requests, contact me for more information!
See other items for sale here or on our etsy page.