Kettil (Old Norse). Means ‘kettle’ or ‘cauldron’.
While we don’t recommend setting this small “cauldron” over an open flame, you are sure to be reminded of a old English meal or two when you serve guests in this medieval inspired bowl. Black-brown tones mix with country cream in this glaze combination creating a cauldron like color scheme while the textures set it on a separate level altogether.
- High-Fire Cone 6 Stoneware
- Brown Black base under Country Cream glaze
- Mouth is 4 3/4″ Wide
- Stands 3″ tall
- Holds 10 Ounces (300 ml)
- Microwave safe
- Oven safe
- Heat resistant
- Perfect for everyday use
- Individually glazed, each one is unique
- Wheel thrown on the potter’s wheel
- Hand altered, stamped and/or carved
- Kiln fired 2x – Once for its bisque fire, second for its glaze firing
- Not made with molds
- Individually produced ware
- Do not use on stove-top (or on any direct heat)
Interested in learning more about my process? You can see more projects and behind-the-scenes shots on my Instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/xendragon/
Slight imperfections are a part of handmade pottery and add character to the pieces I make. This is something that you cannot find in lifeless, factory made ceramic ware – but you knew that already, and that is why you are here!
I do accept personalized and custom requests, contact me for more information!
See other items for sale here or on our etsy page.